2Face Idibia Biography: Age, Songs, Wife, Children, Net Worth 2020, Instagram, Married
2FACE IDIBIA’S BIOGRAPHY
2Face Idibia is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and social activist. His real name is Innocent Ujah Idibia.
He is one of the Nigerian music stars whose influence prescribes respect and exudes dignity. He has so many fans around Africa and around the world.
This is the Biography page of the African music icon-Tuface, read on to find out more about his life history, his music career, educational background, Albums and Songs, Birthday and current age, salaries, earnings and estimated net worth, endorsements and contracts, rea name at birth, baby mamas, children, current wife, state of origin, favorites, houses and cars, awards, nominations and other interesting facts you may want to know about him
With all these about 2Face, I have brought you in this article, a digested form of all you need to know about this nerve-calming artist.
Thus herein is 2Fcae Idibia’s biography, his age, net worth, marriage and other facts about him. Now let us get dirty with the business.
- Birth/Real Name: Innocent Ujah Idibia
- Stage Name: 2Face Idibia, 2baba
- Net Worth: $18 Million
- Date of Birth: 18th of September 1975
- Age: 44 years
- Profession: Singer
- Place of Birth: Jos
- State of Origin: Benue State
- Married/Single: Married
- Spouse: Annie Idibia
- Children: 7
He is of the Idoma ethnic decent, in the southern part of Benue State. Though he was born in Jos on the 18th of September 1975, he did his secondary education at the Mount Saint Gabriel’s Secondary school, Makurdi Benue State. This implies however that the age of 2Face Idibia (2Baba) is 44 in 2019.
Innocent Ujah Idibia enrolled at the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu. There he did his National Diploma course in Business Administration and Management. He started budding as a musician while he was still in IMT.
He performed at many shows and parties organized in school. He went to other schools within the state like the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN and Enugu State University, ESUT to perform.
He also earned extra cash by composing and singing advert jingles at the Enugu State Broadcasting Service (ESBS).
His educational pursuit met a dead end when he finally dropped out to pursue his fortune in the music industry. It was during that period in 1996 that he adopted the stage name ‘2Face’ (TuFace).
THE PLANTASHUN BOIZ
From Enugu, 2Face now moved to Lagos State. He rejoined with Blackface whom he had met at IMT in performing at shows and parties.
Blackface (Ahmedu Augustine Obiabo), 2Face (Innocent Ujah Idibia) and Faze (Chibuzor Orji) came together and formed the Plantashun Boiz.
The three now together as Plantashun Boiz released two albums that recorded success: Body and Soul (2000) and Sold Out (2003).
These albums were released under the Dove Records music label owned by Nelson Brown. The Plantashun Boiz finally disbanded in 2004 and each of them went their ways. In 2007, the Plantashun Boiz came together again and released their third and probably their last album titled Plan B.
2FACE SOLO MUSIC CAREER
Despite the disbanding of Plantashun Boiz, 2Fcae still proved himself a viable solo music artist. He went on to release albums upon albums.
He released the first solo album which he titled Face 2 Face in 2004. In 2006, he also released another solo album called Grass to Grace. This album contained tracks like ‘One Love’, ‘True Love’, ‘4 Instance’ and so many others.
His song ‘African Queen’ performed in 2004 beat the imagination of many as it was a remarkable performance. This song was used in 2006 as a soundtrack in a film called Phat Girlz.
LIST OF 2FACE IDIBIA’S ALBUM
Here are all albums that 2Face has released since 2004:
|Face 2 Face (2004)||Grass to Grace (2006)||For Instance (2006)|
|The Unstoppable (2008)||Unstoppable International Edition (2010)||Away and Beyond (2012)|
|The Ascension (2014)||Let Somebody Love You (2014)||Nfana Ibaga Remix (2014)|
|Coded Tinz (2016)||Officially Blind (2016)||5050 (2016)|
|Oya Come Make We Go (2016)||Gaga Shuffle (2017)||Amaka (2018)|
2FACE IDIBIA’S AWARDS
2Face also known as 2Baba has received both local and international awards. This is due to his outstanding performance in music and entertainment generally. Below are some of these awards:
- MTV Europe Music Award
- World Music Award
- The Headies Awards (Hip-Hop awards)
- BET Award for Best International Act: Africa in 2011
- Channel O Music Award
- MOBO Award
- One Korea Award
- Best Male Vocalist 2002 Affinity Awards
- Best Video 2004 A.M.E.N Awards
- Song of the Year 2004
- Song of the Year for African Queen: 2004 Nigerian Entertainment Awards New York
- Musician of the Year 2004 in City People Awards
- Best Male Video 2005 Channel O Awards
- Best African Act 2005 Kora Awards
- Best International collaboration – Rainbow ft. T-Pain – Ben TV Awards 2014
- Best R&B Single (Let Somebody Love You) – The Headies 2014.
- 2face was appointed the Good cause Ambassador for the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) in August 2019.
The list continues to include many other remarkable awards.
2FACE IDIBIA’S MARRIAGE | CHILDREN
It appears that to be an artist means having too many chicks. 2Baba also known as 2Face has been into many relationships in which he had children.
2face Baby Mamas
Totally, he has seven children from three different women:
- Sunbo Ajaba
- Pero Adeniyi
- Annie Idibia (Nee Macaulay).
The marriage jinx was broken in 2012 when he eventually settled for Annie Idibia with whom he wedded and they have welcomed tow girls together.
The names of 2Face children are:
- Isabella Idibia
- Nino Idibia
- Zion Idibia
- Justin Idibia
- Rose Idibia
- Innocent Idibia
- Olivia Idibia. (Olivia and Isabella are the two girls from Annie)
2FACE IDIBIA’S NET WORTH
2Baba has a record label called Hypertek Entertainment. He also has many endorsements and ambassadorial positions in many notable institutions. 2Face net worth is estimated to be around $18 million.
2FACE INSTAGRAM & TWITTER
OTHER FACTS ABOUT 2FACE IDIBIA
- PHILANTHROPY: TuFace has a nongovernmental organization (NGO) earlier known as ‘The 2Baba Reachout Foundation’. It is currently called the ‘The 2Baba Foundation’.
- Their motto is “service to humanity”. The work centered on the foundation is nation-building and promotion of peaceful co-existence and accountability in government.
- On the 25th of January 2017, 2Face announced a nationwide protest which was centered on protesting against some obnoxious policies that were setting-in in the Muhammadu Buhari administration. This protest he later canceled on the premise of security reasons.
- 2Baba was appointed the ambassador of The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration Agency, NAFDAC in 2009. He released a song titled ‘Man Unkind’ in order to raise awareness on the dangers posed by fake drugs and sub-standard products.
- 2Face survived several death traps including gunshots from an armed robbery incident close to Oshodi Lagos in 2007.
- 2Face has many expensive houses and cars. He owns a five-bedroom duplex at Richmond Estate, a luxury home on Banana Island. He is also known to have properties in Festac, Ikeja and Lagos Island.
- 2Face is also known for his great philanthropic gestures. He is a social activist who hardly stays down in situations of oppression.
- Innocent Ujah Idibia is arguably the richest man in Benue State with a worth of $18 Million