Adebayo Salami one of the most revered pioneers of the Nollywood industry was born on 9th Of May, 1953 in Lagos State where he attended his primary and secondary education.
His acting career began in 1964 under the leadership of Ojo Ladipo, with a group called Young Concert Party, with time the group decided to change their name to Ojo Ladipo theatre group which later become Awada Kerikeri Theatre Group.
Salami took the mantle of leadership within the group in 1978 after the demise of Ojo Ladipo, which marks the beginning of a big break in his acting profession.
His first film was Ajani Ogun, where he played the lead role alongside late Adeyemi Afolayan, the father of Kunle Afolayan and Gabriel Afolayan.
He has since featured in countless other yoruba movies which include Kadara by Adeyemi Afolayan, popular Nigerian comedy series Comedy half hour with the stage name Oga Bello. His first movie production was not until 1985, which he titled Ogun Ajaye, from his theatre group, Awada Kerikeri Theartre.
He was a pioneer member of the Association of Nigerian Theatre Arts Practitioners and served as the President of Same.
Some of his notable works include (but not limited to)
Ajani Ogun (1975)
Omo Orukan (1987)
Ogun Ajaye (1987)
2014 Best of Nollywood Awards
- Kunle Afolayan Biography: Age, Wife, Net Worth, House, Movies
- Adeyemi Okanlawon Biography
- Okiki Afolayan Biography, Wiki, Age, Wife-Abimbola, Daughter, Movies
- Ada Ameh Biography: Age, Wikipedia, Daughter, family, movies, Facts
- Funke Akindele Biography, Age, Marriage, Husband, Twins, Instagram, Net Worth 2020
- Adediwura Adesegha Biography: Age, Instagram, Child, Career
- Klint da Drunk Biography, Age, Net Worth, Comedy, Wife, Family