If you are on this page it means you’re looking for a way to further optimise your WordPress for speed, and that’s an interesting thing for you.
In 2020, speed is a major deal for websites, speedier websites technically perform well than websites with poor page score.
While there are many factors that determine your website’s speed from server load time to theme code structure and a couple of other factors, we’d like to look at one of those which is how to avoid a character set in the meta tag.
This is one of the most popular tricks that is used to optimize a website if you have been to GTMetrix and Pingdom or used the Google page speed tool to check how fast your website load, then there is every possibility that you have come across this as a red flag.
In the next few lines below I will show you s straightforward trick to get things done properly.
First before dabbling to what works, here is what you need to know about character sets and meta tags by industry experts:
Ways to Avoid a character set in the meta tag
I will show you two quick fix to get things ove with:
Using Apache servers
On Apache you need to edit your .htaccess file and then input this next line of code:
AddType 'text/html; charset=UTF-8' html
Using Nginx servers
– For Nginx you need find the nginx.conf file and then input the below lines of code.
This should simply resolve the avoid character set in meta tag recommendations you get when optimizing your website.
For your web development and digital marketing needs, you can send us a message today.
- How to Signup Yahoo Mail Email fast
- How To Run Exe Files On Your Android Smartphone
- How to Delete Expedia account Permanently
- How to Load Glo Card | Glo Recharge Code (2020)
- How to Recharge Etisalat/9mobile Airtime
- How to Install Wine 4.0 on Ubuntu 18.04 & 16.04 LTS 2020
- How To Fix “Unfortunately The Process com.andriod.phone Has Stopped.”