How to Make Nigerian Coleslaw like KFC– Cabbage and carrot salad (coleslaw) is a side dish of Irish origin, very common in all Anglo-Saxon countries.
The coleslaw is usually prepared with cabbage (sometimes with red cabbage), carrots and spring onion (or shallots) and then seasoned with a tasty sauce of low-fat yogurt, mustard, mayonnaise and chives.
The cabbage and carrot salad is a tasty and easy to prepare vegetarian side dish, ideal to accompany your main meat or fish dishes
Servings: 4 Persons
Time to Prepare: less than 25 minutes
Cost of Preparation: Very Affordable
Ingredients for the salad
Cabbage 500 g
Carrots 150 g
Fresh spring onion 1
for the dressing
Low-fat yogurt 150 g
White wine vinegar 1 tbsp
1 teaspoon mustard
Chopped chives 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Mayonnaise 3 tablespoons
How to prepare Nigerian Salad with cabbage and carrot salad (coleslaw)
To prepare the cabbage and carrot salad, start by peeling the carrots and cutting them into julienne strips (or you can simply buy carrots already cut into sticks).
Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage and cut the rest into thin slices, thus obtaining a julienne
1 . Mix the cabbage and carrots in a bowl and add the finely sliced onion
2. Then prepare the sauce: in a bowl mix the low-fat yogurt with the mayonnaise
3. then add the mustard
4. The vinegar
5. Salt and pepper to taste .
6. Finally add the chives
7 (keeping a little to decorate the dish).
8. Season the vegetable with the obtained dressing
9. Serve the cabbage and carrot salad on your Fried or jollof rice right away or keep it in the fridge!
- Top 20 Popular Nigerian Foods you must try
- How to Prepare Roasted Plantain (Boli) in Grill/Oven or frying pan
- How to make Moi Moi and Akara (A 2-in-1 Practical Cooking Guide)
- How to Make Ogbono, Afang & Banga Soups (A 3-in-1 Practical Cooking Guide)
- Shoprite Nigeria Method on How to Cook Afang Soup
- How to make Nigerian Coleslaw Salad Like KFC