Welcome to the Biography and profile page of Kwesta. Read on to find out more about Kwesta’s rap music career, marriage, wife, daughter, real name, age, music,s songs, album, record label, girlfriend, wedding, daughter, awards and nomination, house and cars salaries, earnings and Net worth, endorsements, Nationality, height, history, death news and other facts.
|Birth/Real Name||Senzo Mfundo Vilakazi|
|Net Worth 2019 | 2020||$2Million – $5 Million|
|Profession||Singer, Rapper, Entrepreneur, Footballer|
|Date of Birth||11th August, 1988|
|Age||31 years old|
|Children||1 Daughter: Khai|
Senzo Mfundo Vilakazi best known by his stage name “Kwesta” was born on August 11, 1988, in a small town called Katlehong, located in the eastern part of Johannesburg – South Africa where he grew under the care of his single mother.
The South African based rapper started out as a footballer but switched to music when he realized his passion for rap music as a teenager.
He previously used Quest as his name and picked it because he was inspired by the poetry he did.
Kwesta started his music career as a teenager and immediately transformed his poetry into music and sang his lyrics over instrumentals he created using a music production app called FL Studio.
Early 2003, Kwesta created a music group with his friends, and they picked Ghetto Fellaz as their group name but eventually changed it to Juvenylz, they performed in school during breaks and on the streets in their neighborhood, but this was just done as a hobby as none of them took it seriously.
At 16, Kwesta dropped out of high school to properly focus on music and also created a makeshift studio at home to aid his song production.
His first song was produced in his home studio, and that song was used as a demo to convince a more advanced recording studio to allow him to use their facilities for his song production.
He started making waves in the streets of Katlehong and eventually, the whole of Johannesburg then created much awareness that attracted Buttabing Entertainment, a music record label owned and managed by Shugasmakx and rapper Slikour who signed him.
By mid-September 2010, at 22 years, Kwesta released his maiden studio album, Special Rekwest under Buttabing Ent which he described as the Highlight of his career.
Eventually, Kwesta left to start his own record label “Urbantainment” and released another album in 2013 called DaKAR (Da King of African Rap) and three years later in 2016 published his most successfully album, DaKAR II, which went on to earn him the title of South Africa’s most selling hip-hop album and seven times certified platinum in 2018.
Kwesta is also an Entrepreneur; he owns a clothing line called Raplyf and sells a wide range of items like Leather caps, Swimsuits, T-shirts, and French terry hoodies.
Marriage & Relationship
Kwesta is married to his long-time heart rob, Yolanda Mvelase and the duo have been together for over seven years before he officially proposed in 2017 and they got married in 2019 in a white weeding they saw the attendance of several South African celebrities. The couple has a daughter, Khai, who was born on the 13th of October 2012.
Awards & Nominations
Since joining the Music industry, Kwesta has bagged several awards like “Best Album in 2013”, “Lyricist of The Year”, “Highest Airplay of the Year”, “Best Male Artist”, “Best Collaboration”, and a host of others.
Kwesta lives a quiet life but has acquired a fleet of luxurious cars over the years including an Audi R8 Q3 and a BMW M4 both worth over $154, 411.00. He lives a quiet life with his wife and daughter in their Midrand home.
Kwesta has worked with several prominent artists in South Africa like CassperNyovest, Tweezy, AKA, and Nota, and has also worked with Rick Ross and Wale from the USA.
Net Worth 2020
According to reports from Forbes, the 31 year old rapper is estimated net worth stands around $2M to $5 million and was all earned from his rap career and clothing line.
Social Media Accounts
More facts you need to know about Kwesta
- Is Kwesta dead? kwesta is not dead! He is very much alive and well, however, he lost his brother who used to a source of encouragement to him in 2018.
- Is Kwesta married? Kwesta tied the knot with his longtime girlfriend Yolanda Mvelase in March 2019 at upmarket Thaba Elco Hotel, south of Johannesburg.
- How old is Kwesta’s Wife? Kwesta’s Wife Yolanda Mvelase is 28 years old, she was born on the 13th of October, it will also interest you to know that she shares the same date of birth wither her beautiful daughter
- Their lovely daughter named Khai was welcomed to this world by the duos on the 13th of October in 2012, Khai is around 7 years old in 2019
- The Rapper, girlfriend now wife and daughter currently resides in Durban, South Africa
- His Instagram account KwestaDakar has attracted more than 1.1 million followers.
- Kwesta’s phone number is +27 71 672 0882, you can as well book him for any shows and events and what have you on [email protected]
- Kwesta is currently managed by his own record label called Urbantainment
- Kwesta’s Nationality in South Africa
- He has multiple income streams and earns from rapping, business, and endorsements
- Tom Holland Net Worth 2020
- 50 Most Influential Women in Africa in 2020
- Top 5 Richest Catholic Priests in Nigeria
- Top 10 Richest Fuji Musicians in Nigeria and Net Worth (2020)
- Top 20 Richest Fuji Musicians in Nigeria
- Ceeza Milli Biography: Age, Net Worth, Songs, Record Label
- Who is Kunle Soname?