LindaIkejis Blog: 20 things you need to Know
Today i want to share with you 20 mindblowing and interesting facts you need to know about LindaIkeji’s Blog.
LindaIkejis’ Blog is regarded as the leading blog not only in Nigeria, no wonder she is regarded as the Queen of blogging in Africa.
Read to find interesting facts about Lindaikeji’s Blog, the owner and the journey so far
- Lindaikeji’s blog is owned by Linda ifeoma Ikeja, a 39-year-old graduate of the University of Lagos. The former model and blogger according to her wikipedia page was born on September 19th 1980.
- LindaIkeji’s blog is arguably the highest AdSense earning blog in Nigeria and Africa and also rated as the number one blog all-time in Nigeria not just in news and gossip but in everything relation lifestyle, beauty, and gist.
- Linda Ikeja is popular for her blogging career which kickstarted in 2006, which is about 13 years ago, not long ago she started the TV network Linda Ikeji TV which is now gaining traction, everything started all as a hubby, from the fun and love for writing and sharing.
- LindIkeji’s blog started with the Google Blogspot blogging platform with her name as the extension- lindaikeji.blogspot.com, about 2 years ago in 2017 she moved to a self hosted and custom domain name hence lindaikejisblog.com.
- She started the blog at a time the internet was not yet prominent in Nigeria, she usually visits a cybercafe where she post gossips and gists on the blog. In no time, the blog quickly grows to become an information hun for gist lovers and the growing Nigerian newsreaders. It became the most visited website in Nigeria alongside other websites like Google and Yahoo according to Alexa ranking.
- Soon, Lindaikeji’s blog was averaging close to 1M visitors per day with web visitors staying on the website to engage and read stuff for more than 12 minutes, 24 seconds.
- However, it was reported that the website wasn’t making income until 2010, and there have been several controversies about the website and it’s income generation strategies, however, the website has grown to worth around $1.6M.
- LindaIkeji’s Blog has become a go-to platform for companies, organizations, and businesses who are looking for a massive pool of audience to leverage for the advertisement of their products and services. More so, it is noteworthy that Nigerians are one of the biggest newsreaders in the world, they like to keep abreast of goings around them both locally and internationally which explains why the website has made a lot of successes.
- Linda Ikeji has reportedly been writing since the young age of 10, she was raised in a Catholica family and she is the second child of the family.
- She hails from Nkwerre, Imo State, Nigeria.she was age 18 when she left secondary school, she got admission to the University of Lagos where she studied the English Language.
- Before she came into limelight with her blogging career, she has worked as a writer, model, and waitress in order to be able to support her family,
- She graduated from UNILAG in 2004 and two years later she started her blogging career, she became more active as a blogger in 2017.
- She was featured alongside Chibundu Onuzo as part of Africa’s 20 Most Prominent Women in Forbes issue dedicated to celebrating Young African women in 2012.
- In 2014, Google named Linda Ikeji as the biggest Google Search trend of that year, especially for users of Google Nigeria
- One of the biggest news about this former model turned blogger came about in 2015 when she relocated to her mult-million mansion in Banana Island, Nigeria.
- She bagged the best entertainment blog awards in 2013 and also the website of the year the same year.
- LindaIkeji’s blog was shut down for two days on the 8th of October 2014 and restored on the 10th of October 2014, the reason for the shutdown remain undisclosed by Google. However, Taiwo Kola-Ogunlade who happened to be Google West Africa spokesperson disclosed that p0licie violation is not taken lightly by the tech giant.
- LindaIkeji’s Blog has also been a source of several controversial matters in the Nigerian web community, some of the most talked-about controversies include #SaveMayowa Campaign, Doyin Okupe, former President Goodluck Jonathan, RMD-Richard Mofe Damijo, Tonto Dikeh, WizKid, Funke Akindele and many others.
- Linda Ikeji reportedly gave birth to baby J is the Atlanta, United States. She disclosed the news when she posted “Oh dear Lord, I am a mum”.
- She had however parted ways with her son’s father Sholaye Jeremi shortly after giving birth saying they are not suitable partners.