Naira Marley Biography, Age, Parents, Music, Twins, Net Worth, Facts
Welcome to the Biography Page of Naira Marley, read on to find out more about the Ogologo crooner, his age, family, parents (mother, father), Music career, life’s Story, arrest, Net worth and other facts you may want to know about the singer.
|Birth Name||Azeez Fashola|
|Stage Name||Naira Marley|
|Date of Birth||10th May, 1991 | Age: 28 years (2019)|
|Place of Birth||Agege, Lagos|
|Net Worth||$100, 000|
Naira Marley is a Nigerian singer that became popular in the country for his support for Internet fraudsters and hit track Issa Goal”. His original ambition was far from becoming an artist. His original ambition was to help manage the rap career of his friends he met in Peckham.
The fast-rising Nigerian singer studied at Porlock Hall and later moved to Walworth School where he later earned his GCSE. He furthered his studies at Peckham Academy where he had Distinction credit in Business.
Not stopping there, he crossed to Crossway college where he studied Business Law, he was forced to take a break from his education due to family demands, he had to take care of his kids so he alternatively decided to settle down and make music a business.
Naira M. came started his music career professionally in 2014 when he comes to realize that he has the talent of singing and do more than managing his rapper friends in the UK. He followed that up and started releasing songs, most importantly, his friends contributed to his success by encouraging and helping him believe in himself.
One of his debut single ‘Issa Goal’ became a hit, it is a world cup song for Nigeria and that helped to find its way to the heart of Nigerians who are core football lovers. He featured Lil Kesh and Olamide in his hit single “Issa Goal” a song he sang for the Super Eagles as they went to represent Nigeria in the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
The singer disclosed that he was also inspired by other successful and iconic musicians like Bob-Marley, his love for Bob was so profound that he included the name Marley in his stage name, more than just in his stage name, many of his fans also believe that he resembles the king of Reggae with his dreadlocks.
Naira Marley’s Family: Twins, Wife, Parents
Naira Marley is a proud father of a set of twins but still Unmarried. When he was arrested and arraigned before the Judge in the court of Law, only his mother, Sister and brothers were present.
You might want to ask then how comes the Twins? That is a question that remains unanswered as Naira Marley has managed to keep information about his twins and their mother and details that produced the relationship very much under the hood at the moment, however, if anything comes up that is very much related to this details we shall surely update the page.
Naira Marley twins‘ names are Aishat and Simiat, this was revealed on his Instagram page as he celebrates them on November 18, 2019.
Naira Marley Songs
The signer narrated how he used to pay for his friends back in the UK, he said
“I paid for my mates to go studio ’cos I thought they had talent,”
He further disclosed that there was a particular song they made and there was a space to be filled in – and they were like, ‘Jump on it!’, he was first discouraged about the whole idea because of his Nigerian accent, but he eventually decided to do it anyway, to his surprise the verses were well received in his unique and original Nigerian flow and it quickly rose to be well-rated and well-received by the crew.
This gave him much of a headstart and he decided to take a go at another, next to a solo track which brought about the track ‘Marry Juana’ one literally considered the first ‘afrobashment’ tune, which quickly becomes an instant UK street classic from the streets of South London.
The crooner also pointed out that
“There was no Kojo Funds, no J Hus, no Mostack. I kinda set the afro-whatever. Now everyone’s on it and it sounds proper.”
Naira M. Net Worth
The singer has come to find out his audience and the type of songs that suits them most and that has helped him to stay relevant and make some growing earnings, his estimated net worth stands around $100, 000 in 2019.
Naira Marley’s Arrest by EFCC
The government anti-graft agency that oversees Financial crime in the country EFCC arrested and detained the afrobeat musician, Afeez Fashola aka Naira Marley onMay 10, 2019.
The ‘Isaa goal’ crooner was made to appear in court after 10 days and the judge ruled that he should be detained in Prison. He was arrested on an 11 count charges bordering on Cybercrime and Internet fraud and he stands the risk of 7 years jail term.
Naira Marley become so popular after the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission arrested when he released his latest music video ‘Am I a yahoo boy?’ The Court send Naira Marley to stay for prison. Zlatan and others that was paraded with him have been freed.
On Monday, May 20, Federal High Court, Lagos ruled that he be remanded in prison after an 11 count charge for alleged credit fraud has presented by EFCC, Nigeria against him in court after his Lawyer was absent to represent him.
He pleaded not guilty before the court and hearing for his case and bail application was adjourned to May 30. The arress of the singer attracted a lot noise and uproar in the country and it got many people and celebs talking and firing back at the government which they accused to be more corrupt.
More Facts about Naira Marley
1. Naira Marley is a son of the Nigerian Soil but later moved to Peckham, England at the young age of 11 years.
2. His stage name was derived from the name of the former King of reggae iconic musician Bob Marley as he considered him to be his biggest inspiration
3. Naira Marley maintained that he is the pioneer and founder of AfroBaashment- meaning music produced by fusioning afrobeat with root Jamaican and British influences. He came into the spotlight in the UK with his debut track Marry Juana” in 2014 alongside Max Twigz.
4. Naira Marley is a father of a set Twins girls but the mother of the babies are still very much unknown, and he is still single.
5. Naira Marley’s age is 28 years old in 2019 and 29 years come 2020 as he was born in the year 1991.
6. one of his most popular hit is the widely-accepted perceived national song ‘Issa Goal’ which he performed in collaboration with Olamide and Lil Kesh. He has also collaborated with the duo earlier on, on the track “Ko Si Werey.”
7. The singer loved and hated by many for his advocacy for Yahoo boys (419/Internet scammers and fraudsters) trolled Simi after she took to her social media page to condemn Yahoo boys and also made a live video that she should rather pray for Yahoo boys and that “Yahoo in not a Crime.”
8. His lawyers and music management fought tooth and nail to prove his innocence and that he is not a Yahoo boy. Afterall Yahoo is not a crime, so why can’t he accept that he is a Yahoo boy if it is not a crime?
9. His Instagram page @nairamarley has attracted more than 1.5 million followers. His twitter account is @nairamarley.
10. Naira Marley’s Phone number is not Publicly available, however, you can directly message him on his Instagram page above.