OC Ukeje Biography, Net Worth Age, Family, Wife, facts
Okechukwu Ukeje is a well-applauded Nigerian actor and model. He is usually called by fans and well-wishers as OC Ukeje. More than just acting and modeling, He also sings.
The became so famous and well celebrated after he came forward as the winner of the Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO) reality show. The 36-year-old actor was born and bred in Lagos to the Ukeje family on the 15th of July, 1981. He grew alongside 3 other siblings in the southwestern part of Nigeria.
|Real/Full/Birth Name:||Okechukwu Ukeje|
|Nickname/Stage name:||OC Ukeje|
|Net Worth:||$500k – $1million|
|Date of Birth/Age:||July, 15th 1981|
|Profession/Occupation||Actor, Model, and Singer|
|Spouse:||Senami Ibukunoluwa Togonu-Bickersteth (m.2014)|
|Alma Mater:||Law degree from King’s College London, University of London|
OC Ukeje Education
He attended his primary school education in Lagos where he also earned his First School Leaving Certificate. He forges ahead to the Federal Government College Ijanikin in Ojo, Lagos State, Nigeria to bag his West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE)
He proceeded to the University of Lagos (UNILAG)where he bagged his first degree in Theatre Arts. He has had a growing passion for acting and that became fully blown during his years in the University where he was seen playing lead roles in several drama and stage plays which later contributed to his acting career.
OC Ukeje Movie Career
The well-received and multiple award-winning actors has starred in several movie projects in the blooming Nollywood industry. Some of his most popular features include Two Brides and a Baby, Hoodrush, Half of a Yellow Sun, Alan Poza and Confusion Na Wa.
These brilliant works have bagged him several awards and nominations under his belt, OC Ukeje has been called forward to receive Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards, Africa Movie Academy Awards, Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards, Best of Nollywood Awards and Nigeria Entertainment Awards, Nollywood Movies Awards and many others we can’t list here.
He went ahead to focus on building a career in acting and music, he tends more to acting committing to stage plays after his University education before he then decided to test the waters the TV show, Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO) which he later won.
He was handed his first movie role in White Waters; a movie directed by Izu Ojukwu in 2008 alongside Joke Silva and Rita Dominic.
He earned the African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) as the Best Upcoming Actor in 2008, he also won the City People’s Award for Best New Act in 2010 which quickly brush up his acting career and strategically placed as an actor that fans like to see in movies.
OC Ukeje Marriage
The Prolific Nigerian actor got wedded to her beautiful wife Senami Ibukunoluwa Togonu-Bickersteth in 2014, their union has welcome 2 kids and the family resides in Lagos, Nigeria.
OC Ukeje Net Worth
Looking at the actor’s profile, works, achievements, and awards it is quite straightforward to conclude that the actor has several achievements that have contributed immensely to his earnings and income. OC Ukeje Estimated Net Worth stands in between $500k to $1million in 2020.
OC Awards and Nominations
|2013||4th Africa Movie Academy Awards for Most Promising Actor in White Waters|
|2013||Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for Best Actor in a Drama in Two Brides and a Baby|
|2013||9th Africa Movie Academy Awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role in Confusion Na Wa (nomination)|
|2013||Best of Nollywood Awards for Best Lead Actor in an English Movie in Alan Poza|
|2013||Nigeria Entertainment Awards for Best Lead Actor in a Film in Alan Poza|
|2013||Nollywood Movies Awards for Best Actor in a Lead Role in Hoodrush|
OC Ukeje Music and Movies
2007 White Waters
008 Co ade
2011 Black Gold
2011 Two Brides and a Baby
2012 Black November
2012 Till Death Do Us Part (Short)
2013 Confusion Na Wa
2013 Alan Poza
2013 Half of a Yellow Sun
2013 Gone Too Far
2013 The Rubicon
2014 When Love Happens
2014 Gidi Up (TV Series)
2014 A Play Called a Temple Made of Clay (Short)
2015 The Department
2015 Heaven’s Hell
2015 Before 30
Oc Ukeje phone number is not currently available on a public domain, however that doesn’t denote that he is completely out of reach, you can reach out to him through his social media pages; Instagram or Twitter.
Facts: Things you don’t know about OC Ukeje
- He is a husband, father, and model
- He is happily married to his longterm heartthrob Senami Ibukunoluwa Togonu-Bickersteth in 2014 and they have both welcome kids
- Oc Ukeje’s birthday is July 15, 1981, his age is 38 years in 2019 and 39 years come 2020
- He grew up with three other siblings in the South Western part of the country
- OC Ukeje is also a songwriter and has collaborated with a few Nigerian musical artists and producers.
- He has worked in TV commercials and radio jingles for different brands in the country.
- He has worked in movies and television series from 2008 and 2012.
- OC Ukeje Starred on the film adaptation of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Half of a Yellow Sun (2013) with Chiwetel Ejiofor and Thandie Newton as lead cast and directed by Biyi Bandele.
- He has been invited with Somkele Iyamah to grace the Toronto International Film Festival as “rising stars”.
- He used to be a member of the cast of the TV series (produced by BBC World Service Trust) that was showcased a the International Emmy World Television Festival, Wetin Dey in 2007.
- OC Ukeje was a member of the repertory team that staged 3 stage plays for the Nigeria House at the London Cultural Olympiad in 2012.
- OC Ukeje featured in NdaniTV’s series Gidi Up with Titilope Sonuga, Deyemi Okanlawon, Somkele Iyamah, and Ikechukwu Onuna.
- He has also been seen in the BFI sponsored film, Gone Too Far.
- It is noteworthy that, in January 2015, he was nominated by Nigerian Cinema Exhibition Coalition as one of the highest box office grosser of the year 2014.
- He is a product of UNILAG- University of Lagos, he also had a law degree from the University of London.
- He also a social media sensation as his Instagram @octhegreatukeje page has attracted well over 159,000 Followership
- NNmedia rated him as one of the most talented Actors Nigeria will ever have.