Jeff Bezos is the owner of Amazon, he founded the company on July 5th, 1994, in Bellevue, Washington. Amazon started as an online store primarily selling books but later expanded into selling video games, software, electronics, furniture, toys, pieces of jewelry, food, and apparel.
Amazon is an American multinational company in Washington, it is mainly focused on e-commerce, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and digital streaming. Alongside Google, Facebook, and Apple, Amazon has named the Big Four technology companies in the world.
Amazon is the biggest internet revenue company in the world, the 2nd biggest private employer in the USA, the second biggest technology company by revenue, and the most valuable company in the world.
Amazon announced a 2-day delivery service in 2018 with Amazon Prime, and it has had more than 100 million worldwide subscribers.
Amazon also distributes streaming and downloads of music, audiobook, and music, they also have a publishing arm called Amazon Publishing, a cloud computing service (Amazon Web Services), and a television and film studio (Amazon Studios).
Amazon also produce electronics such as Fire tablets, Fire TV, Kindle e-readers and Amazon Echo device. Twitch.tv, Ring, IMDb, and Whole Foods Market are also subsidiaries of Amazon.
Amazon’s distribution network was first launched in 1997 with two centers in New Castle and Seattle, now Amazon has various kinds of distribution facilities comprising of Sortation Centers, Delivery Stations, Prime Air Hubs, Prime Now Hubs, Fulfilment Centers, and Cross Dock Centers. There is a total of 25 Sortation Centers and 75 fulfillment centers with over 125,000 employees.
Who Owns Amazon
Jeff Preston Bezos is an American Investor and successful entrepreneur, CEO and founder of Amazon, and the richest man in the world.
Jeff was born on 12th January 1964 in New Mexico and shortly after his birth, his parents divorced. His mom married a Cuban, Mike Bezos, and Jeff was given his surname. He grew up in Huston and Miami, receiving his elementary education at the River Oaks Elementary School and then moved to Miami Palmetto Senior High School.
In 1986, he obtained his bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Princeton University.
After graduation, Jeff Bezos worked for FITEL (A Taiwanese mobile phone company), and later worked for D.E Shaw & Co (a technological development and Investment company.
Bezos met McKenzie in 1992 and in 1993 they got married, they had 3 sons and an adopted daughter from China. The pair divorced in 2019.
Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1994 with the sole-aim of books selling, in 2000 he established Blue Origin (a commercial space travel company), Blue Origin launched its first rocket in 2011, but it was unsuccessful as the rocket crashed.
In 2015, a successful launch was conducted, the rocket achieved its targeted height and landed. Blue Origin aims to be the first company to launch a rocket with human passengers in it.
- Jeff Bezos bought the Washington Post in 2013 for $230 Million
- He promised $2 Billion to support homeless families and preschool programs.
- Amazon is currently worth over $1 Trillion and brags of over 100 million visits on its official website monthly.
- Jeff Bezos’ net worth is estimated to be over $110 billion and is the wealthiest person in the world since 2018, with an annual salary of $81,840, according to his Amazon stock, Bezos makes $260 Million daily.
- Top 20 Online Shopping Sites that Ships to Nigeria
- Who is the owner of CNN?
- Orange Plans Entrance to Nigeria as potential new markets
- How to check Amazon Gift card balance
- Top 10 Ecommerce Online Shopping Stores in Nigeria in 2020
- Spectranet Car-Fi device Launch, price & product spec
- Top online e-commerce shopping sites in Ghana in 2020